Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year, 2012!!!

My hopes for this year is to post on a regular basis our daily activities. Being that this is only the second day of the new year, I am doing pretty well... :)!!!
On Sunday, January 1, we spent the morning at church. We attend Scottsdale Bible Church in Scottsdale, Arizona. Now, this is a fairly new adventure for us. Last Fall, Noah and I began attending the church because they had a wonderful children's ministry. I also really liked it as I was drawn to the contemporary service and message that was delivered each week.
Now, Noah was baptized as a Catholic, and my husband, Jacques is a practicing Catholic. We attended our local Catholic Church for the first year+ of Noah's life, until he was disruptive during the service. The Catholic religion does not have a children's ministry. I really felt the draw and need to attend church, but it was difficult without a Sunday school environment for Noah to attend. I feel that having the connection at his academic school environment as well as at a God based environment is the best of both worlds. I began searching last summer for the perfect environment and was drawn to attend Scottsdale Bible Church. It was here that Noah and I found a wonderful fit of the balance of teaching and guidance in a God based environment. I love that we are connected on every level in town.
This was quite the struggle for Jacques in the beginning; given that we weren't attending a typical Catholic church each week. He wasn't opposed to our attending Scottsdale Bible, but he also was not interested in attending with us.
However, yesterday was a new beginning. Jacques, Noah and I attended service to celebrate the New Year! It was a fabulous service and Jacques seemed to be very impressed with the sermon :) Also, Jacques saw how happy Noah is attending Sunday school and also how connected he is with his peers at church. Does this mean the Jaco will attend church with us each week? I have no idea. I know that it is in God's hands and we shall see what happens next week.
Meanwhile, Devin, our darling daughter from Heaven is very opinionated when it comes to organized religion. Which honestly, I can't blame her, as we were very indecisive regarding religion while she was growing up. I do believe, that in all due time, she will decide which path, which religion, will be the correct path for her to follow. I only wish and pray for God's guidance for her along the way.
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity for hope during the year of 2012~

No comments:

Post a Comment